Happy Sunday everyone! We’re gearing up for a very special trip. Can’t wait to tell you more about it! In the meantime, I wanted to share another fashion theme that’s classic for spring… denim!
The versatile denim comes in all shapes and cuts… jeans, shorts, skirts, shirts, jackets, and more. And no matter how many I have, I always take a peek at new denim pieces and styles regardless of season. Denim is a piece that can be seamlessly integrated into any wardrobe, and once we find our favorite, it’s in constant rotation (for me, it’s my boyfriend jeans!). Below are my favorites this season and all of them are under 0.
:: How to Style Boyfriend Jeans / Distressed Jeans ::
Distressed boyfriend jeans and skinny jeans are quite timeless and versatile. And they’re so much fun! With boyfriend jeans… due to the oversized nature of the cut, I love pairing them with feminine tops (with a ruffle madewell fall 2018 lookbook top here, with a lace top, a draped off-shoulder top ) to create a boy-meets-girl vibe.
With distressed skinny jeans, the pairing options are limitless. They’re great with chunky knits for a relaxed chic look, with silk blouses for a causal refined look, and also with some dresses (as seen )! And when it comes to the ‘distressed’ part, you can also DIY it! If you have a pair of jeans that you haven’t worn in awhile and want to give it new life, take out the scissors and chop chop! Just in case you’re interested, here’s my DIY video.
This video is over 6 years old, thus the thin eyebrows and funky hair LOL. Moving on to jean/chambray tops…
:: How to Style Chambray Tops / Jean Shirts ::
Chambray tops and jean shirts have a natural relaxed feel, so I love pairing them with statement bottoms. A floral skirt (as seen ), yes. A sequin skirt (as seen ), double yes! It really helps tone down the overall look and feel. For a denim on denim look, the Canadian tuxedo, I recommend one to two shades off or with white or black jeans. Denim has the ability to highlight our body shapes, so lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts they cover, while darker washes create a slimming effect. So for a double denim look, the most flattering combination is lighter denim on top with dark denim jeans.
:: How to Style Denim Shorts / Jean Skirts ::
Shorts are one of my favorite things on earth! I’m very attached to my shorts! Denim shorts are extremely easy to style… I love them with an oversized turtleneck sweater for fall (as seen ), with a blazer for a more polished look (as seen ), with lace tops for a soft delicate feel (as seen ), basically with everything! With denim skirts, I love it when they’re a little interesting. An asymmetric cut here, a cutout hem there, etc. Like shorts, they’re great with simple t-shirts (as seen ) to intricate embellished blouses.
- :: This peplum denim top is so charming! For spring/summer, wear it on it’s own. For fall/winter, layer it over a turtleneck.
2. :: This one is a classic! Super soft and comfy, this shirt is great for everyday and every season.
3. :: Highly rated (almost 5 stars at over 550 reviews), these sandals are the perfect denim accents! A lower block heel for comfort, they’re beautiful with mini lengths and with maxi dresses.
4. :: Done and can I have another?! These distressed shorts are great with a white button-up shirt for a clean seamless look and with an off-shoulder top for a fun weekend look.
5. :: I just ordered this! A classic denim jacket is definitely a closet essential! This jacket has the right amount of “oversized” where it’s relaxed in shape, but doesn’t overpower our frame.
6. :: This has a boyfriend jeans vibe, but more of a girlfriend jeans cut. It’s a tad slimmer than the classic oversized boyfriend jeans shape, but equally versatile.
7. :: Last year I bought a bunch of newsboy caps and recently wore one while I was traveling through London & Amsterdam (as seen ). This denim version is different and great for spring/summer!
8. :: I love the split hem and hourglass silhouette on this midi shirt! It’s great with a white tee loosely tucked in for a casual vibe and with a slim black turtleneck for a sleek autumn look.
9. :: This color is really beautiful and versatile, and the cropped length makes it great with sneakers, flat boots, to heels.
10. :: I had to find a denim dress with ruffles for this list! This one is so charming! Great for brunch, the beach, Farmer’s Market, and everything in between!
Spring/summer = denim :) I hope this was helpful and happy denim hunting! Thank you so much for reading and talk to you soon!Thank you so much for reading!
Simple white and black wedding dresses photo
White lace prom dress mermaid 2018
Decorated christmas tree photos 2018
Dress shoes for women 2018
Blogger elin kling for guess by marciano
Cut crease makeup for hooded eyes 2018
Summer curly hair trends 2018