Ribs - Fall off the Bone - with Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Apple Cider Glazed Chicken
Yield: 6 Servings | Serving Size: About 8 ounces chicken | Calories: 396 | Total Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 11 g | Protein: 29 g | Cholesterol: 115 mg | Sodium: 488 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pat the whole chicken dry before sprinkling it with the salt and pepper. Make sure it’s seasoned on all sides.
- Plug in the Instant Pot and press the Saute button. Hit the Adjust button until the setting reaches Medium.
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, add the olive oil to the bowl and sear the chicken on all sides until it’s golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider, honey, coconut aminos, and red pepper flakes. Add the apple cider mixture to the Instant Pot and stir to scrape up any chicken bits on the bottom of the pot. Hit the Cancel button to stop the Saute function.
- Add the chicken back to the bowl and place the lid onto the Instant Pot. Make sure the lid is sealed and the vent is closed.
- Press the Poultry button and use the plus (+) button to increase the time to 24 minutes. If your chicken is more or less than 4 pounds, add or subtract 6 minutes for every pound (i.e., a 5 pound chicken would cook for 30 minutes and a 3 pound chicken would cook for 18 minutes).
- When the timer is finished, the Instant Pot will beep. Carefully vent the Instant Pot to release steam. The steam will be very hot! Be sure you hand is not over the actual vent. Once the steam has finished venting, remove the lid. Check to be sure the chicken has reached 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before carving.
Video: Instant Pot Ribs Apple Juice
Here Is Your First Look At This Is Us Season 2
Vitamin D: Are You Getting Enough
GM CEO Mary Barra said 2014 recall crisis changed her leadership style
Best Fitness Equipment for Your Home Gym
How to Dock a Laptop
See Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Acting Goofy Behind the Scenes of Their Interview
How to Mirror from iPad to Apple TV
How to Find Your Perfect HairColor
5 Looks We Loved From Stella McCartney’s AW15 Show
What to do if family or friends are body shaming you
How to Stop Your Dog from Eating Your Plants
How to Fold Bandanas
The Best Cancer-Fighting Tomato
12 Wonderful Winter Accessories Under 20
Kate Middleton Spiked Sales in This Unexpected 1 HairAccessory